Mechanical Design Detailer
A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast Alabama
location, is conducting a confidential search and has an immediate opening
for an experienced MECHANICAL DESIGN DETAILER.
- Working under the direction of the Product Engineering team,
generate and revise 2-D and 3-D CAD designs and drawings of derivative
new products, product line extensions, and other changes driven by
- Maintain the Product Engineering technical database.
- Maintain document control databases including engineering changes,
including distribution, execution, and retention of engineering change
requests, engineering change orders, and engineering change notices.
- Update, as required, design and product records in the Company's
material planning database.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the use of GD&T (ASME
Y14.5-2009), stack analysis, and documentation best practices.
- Support the use of best practices, including DFM, DFA, and stack
analysis to ensure designs are optimized for cost, quality, and
- Support manufacturing for cost, quality, and performance
improvements of both new and existing production.
The successful candidate will possess at least 5 years of relevant
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SolidWorks required.
- Experience in reverse engineering, legacy conversion experience (2D
- Demonstrated understanding and application of GD&T.
- Solid understanding of configuration control principles.
- Computer / Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills:
- Project management skills: Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Required: Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or
equivalent engineering discipline.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or
equivalent engineering discipline. Certified SolidWorks Professional,
Certified SolidWorks Expert, Six Sigma training or experience with metal
product design, demonstrated experience in Stage-Gate NPD methods.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Mechanical Design Detailer for a
leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-242-4158 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.