Director of Human Resources
A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast
Alabama location, is conducting a confidential search and has
an immediate opening for an experienced DIRECTOR OF HUMAN
RESOURCES. In this role the successful candidate will be
responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team
that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts financial
performance. Direct supervision of quality assurance employees in all
manufacturing facilities. The Director of Human Resources
will be responsible for the overall strategy and implementation of the HR
department, including managing employee relations issues, handling
employee compensation and benefits, performance management programs, as
well as training and developing policies/programs and more. This trusted
individual will also manage the HR budget. Duties also include formulating
policies and procedures for the HR Department and recommending policies
and practices to other members of the leadership team.
The following is a list of the key job responsibilities but is not meant to
be all inclusive:
- Handles all aspects of the employee benefits plans, including review
of existing benefits for plan changes to better meet company needs;
review and negotiation of vendor contracts, communication to employees
of details of all plans, annual enrollment process, etc.
- Plan Administrator for Company 401k plan.
- Establishes and executes all aspects of staffing, including
development of job descriptions (in partnership with department
managers), sets salary scales reflective of job and region.
- Ensures all aspects of hiring, firing and promotions of employees
meet all local, state and federal laws.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job
descriptions and performance appraisals as required; and analyzes
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and
procedures, including disciplinary procedures.
- Participates in developing goals, objectives and systems.
- Establishes and maintains HR department records and reports.
- Monitors and manages Unemployment Compensation programs, including
hiring, layoffs, termination plans and disputes.
- Recommends, designs, plans and assists in the execution of employee
development programs, including seminars, training, mentoring and
on-the-job training efforts.
- Communicates with leadership team regarding current projects, plans
- Handles all legal requirements regarding training needs for
prevention of sexual harassment, collecting data and filing of EEO
- Handles annual employment performance reviews.
- Facilitates the alignment of business objectives with employees by
serving as a resource to managers in all locations as to how to
improve communication with employees regarding company policies,
procedures and expectations.
- Works closely with CFO and COO to identify and implement employee
development plans to ensure business needs are met.
- Serves as a consultant to management at all company locations on
HR-related issues and acts as a champion and change agent, when
needed, for the company's values and mission.
- Works with hiring managers and talent acquisition to facilitate
recruiting; ensures affirmative action goals and job requirements are
supported. Reviews employment offers to ensure compensation and other
terms and conditions of employment are fair, equitable and comply with
all applicable company policies and guidelines.
- Provides consultative and coaching support to managers and employees
for development, talent management, performance coaching and other
questions and concerns.
- Reports to the CFO and works closely with all of the executive
- Handles special projects as requested by CFO.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including
benefits, compensation, management development, employee relations,
performance management, training, talent acquisition, diversity,
federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience with talent management and strategic workforce planning.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws.
- Expertise in employee relations and training / development.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources Management Software Programs,
- Experience working with Workforce Development Programs, preferably
AIDT in Alabama, including familiarity with pre-employment selection
and training, leadership development, on-the-job training,
continuous/process improvement assessments, maintenance assessments,
and industrial safety assessments and training.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills, with a high
degree of business acumen and the ability to quickly grasp complex
- Adept at working with management to influence/facilitate change and
achievement of the company's objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal/analytical/organizational/presentation
skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Manufacturing experience managing both multi-site and multiple state
locations, including proven experience implementing start-up
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business or related
field with at least 7-10 years of experience in HR management.
- Preferred: Master's Degree, as well as PHR or SPHR
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Director of Human Resources for a
leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.