Lean Six Sigma Project Engineer
A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast
Alabama location, is conducting a confidential search and has
an immediate opening for an experienced LEAN SIX SIGMA PROJECT
ENGINEER. In this role the successful candidate will develop a
Factory Master Plan (FMP) roadmap aligned to the 1 - 5 year business plan
designed to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Objectives using
lean tools, techniques and methods. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Coordinate, collect and analyze data to develop statistical problem
and goal statements geared to deliver on annual Safety, Quality,
Delivery, Cost (S, Q, D, C) objectives.
- Convene and lead / facilitate continuous improvement project teams
motived to execute Kaizen / Rapid Improvement Events in collaboration
with value stream leaders and employees to jointly deliver on S, Q, D, C
- Convene and lead Factory Master Plan Project Team to develop an
integrated plan to drive synchronization into our manufacturing
processes, improve material flow and deliver on short- and long-term S,
Q, D, C objectives.
- Provide frequent updates in an effective and efficient manner through
formal and informal presentation skills techniques to employees and
- Ensure change management objectives are met while all employees
pertinent to the project are informed, engaged and committed to
delivering on project deliverables / objectives.
- Develop, identify and share best manufacturing / lean practices,
methods and ideas with all pertinent value streams leaders, as well as
coach and mentor peers and leadership in lean sigma methods.
- Provide Factory Master Plan (FMP) leadership, counsel and
understanding of current and advanced lean techniques to drive business
results as it relates to the overall operation.
- Develop FMP options in collaboration with factory leadership to
improve current state capabilities and position the organization closure
to the future state plan.
- Develop and lead annual business planning (goal deployment) activities
with Senior Leadership in order to chart the 1 to 3 year plan to drive
S, Q, D, C and enhanced growth ambitions through new product
- Interpret customer needs and requirements, translate concepts into
best practices, identify Assembly and Finishing process improvement
opportunities, and quantify results and trends.
- The successful candidate will possess at least 5-10 years of
manufacturing experience incorporating Industrial Engineering and Lean
Methodologies in high volume manufacturing processes.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience in durable goods industries in
roles that directly affected manufacturing results (Safety, Quality,
Delivery and Cost).
- Experience in factory planning, rationalization, materials management
/ flow is required.
- Certified Black Belt through ASQ or equivalent certification.
- Advanced factory master planning and goal deployment experience in
which the candidate has led medium to large FMP projects to rationalize
factories and lead annual business planning activities.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent field.
- Preferred: Master's degree.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Lean Six Sigma Project Engineer
for a leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.