A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast
Alabama location, is conducting a confidential search and has
an immediate opening for an experienced PURCHASING AGENT.
In this role you will be responsible for the processing of purchase
requisitions submitted by internal customers and from the MRP planning
system for assigned commodities from a qualified supplier base in an
efficient and cost effective manner that supports established policies and
procedures consistent with the company's current requirements.
- Solicit bids, analyze quotations received, select or recommend a
supplier, and negotiate purchase agreements in concert with "least total
cost" concepts (i.e., highest quality, on time at lowest possible
- Provide leadership interface between internal customers and suppliers
for "project type purchases." Assist in the review of engineering
drawings/specifications and solicit recommendations from suppliers that
might provide reduced lead times, reduced cost, or might ultimately
provide product improvement for our requirements.
- Work with suppliers and materials planning organization to establish
and implement "JIT" (just in time) purchase agreements that support the
reduction of lead times, on-time deliveries, the prevention of excess
inventories, and increased inventory turns.
- Research and develop sources of supply for assigned commodities, and
consistent strategy for a source of supply that provides us with a world
class supplier that will deliver innovation and provide continuous
improvement for the goods and services that we purchase.
- Conduct periodic meetings with current suppliers and potential new
suppliers in an effort to actively investigate internal capabilities to
provide goods and services in accordance with our
- Interface with and attend internal customers' production/housekeeping
meetings as required in an effort to remain updated on current issues or
- Interface with the finance/accounting department to help resolve any
supplier issues (i.e., receipts or invoice discrepancies).
- Travel (domestic and/or offshore) required.
- The successful candidate will possess at least 5-7 years of relevant
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required.
- A team player with strong computer, written, verbal communication, and
- Work experience in a TQP and/or an ISO-certified manufacturing
environment is a plus.
- APICS and/or NAPM certification credentials are a plus as well.
- Required: BS/BA degree in a business related field or preferred
equivalent work experience will be considered.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Purchasing Agent for a
leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-242-4158 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.