A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast
Alabama location, is conducting a confidential search and has
an immediate opening for an experienced PURCHASING MANAGER.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the daily activities
related to buying the best goods, equipment and services needed to support
the manufacturing operation; and supervision of the purchasing staff.
- Ensure departmental compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Manage the replenishment of inventory to ensure balance with demand at
the best price, lead time and quality.
- Develop and maintain standard reports to assess performance and report
- Conduct research to ascertain the products or supplies that provide
the best value, quality and delivery schedules.
- Train and supervise the activities of the purchasing staff.
- Evaluate bids, quotes and POs, and make recommendations based on
commercial and technical factors.
- Negotiate contracts and monitor the quality of the product and service
- The successful candidate will possess at least 3-5 years of
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT).
- Ability to create Gantt charts and follow the progress of key
- Must be innovative and embrace lean principles and practices.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and project management skills
- ERP experience required; Visual Purchasing experience preferred.
- APICS certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Required: 4-year degree in business, engineering or accounting.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Purchasing Manager for
a leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-242-4158 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.