Senior Design Engineer
A rapidly growing and leading consumer
durable goods metal manufacturer, located in a desirable Southeast
Alabama location, is conducting a confidential search and has
an immediate opening for an experienced SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER.
In this role you will design and develop complex, non-derivative new
products and support improvements to these products in the first years of
production. Evaluate products, parts, and processes for cost efficiency,
quality and reliability with a strong focus on brand reinforcement.
- As part of a cross-functional team, provide expert technical
leadership for Product Introduction and process improvement projects.
Support the development and execution of project milestones, resource
requirements, budget and timing.
- Define product configuration and part geometry using 3-D CAD software.
Develop and manage complex mechanisms. Create fully dimensioned drawings
- Utilize best practices, including DFM, DFA, and stack analysis;
interface with manufacturing, process engineering, and vendors to ensure
designs are optimized for cost, quality, and performance.
- Use advanced analysis tools to fully qualify high risk areas of the
designs, such as non-linear finite element analysis and design of
- Develop technical product specifications and validation test plans.
- Outline and execute empirical testing to verify concepts, ensure
reliability, and refine component design.
- Manage bills of material and track component status.
- Support manufacturing during initial production of products
- Participate in business initiatives for non-routine aspects of
assignment and overall business improvements to reduce overall new
product development project timing and costs.
- Assign project related tasks to entry-level engineers and technicians,
and monitor progress.
- The successful candidate will possess at least 5-10 years of relevant
- Expert Solidworks user.
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T.
- Solid understanding of configuration control principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of stage gate product introduction methods.
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical software a plus.
- Must be organized and maintain accurate and neat records and files.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to function and work in a team environment. Capable of working
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Preferred: Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Senior Design Engineer for a
leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer in Southeast
Alabama, please send your resume in Word format, along with a
cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on the
of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-242-4158 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.