A rapidly growing and leading consumer durable goods metal manufacturer,
located in a desirable Southeast Alabama location, is
conducting a confidential search and has an immediate opening for an
experienced DESIGN ENGINEER. With the general guidance
of the engineering team, make improvements to existing products, and
support the design and development of new products.
- Provide engineering support for product design and development of new
products, line extensions, and product improvements. Specific
responsibilities will include the generation and revision of CAD
drawings and models, component inspection, prototype build and product
- Utilize best practices, including DFM, DFA, stack analysis, etc., and
interface with manufacturing, process engineering, vendors, etc., to
ensure designs are optimized for cost, quality and performance.
- Manage bills of material and track component status.
- Coordinate with the engineering team and other functional areas to
ensure that projects are completed on budget and in a timely manner.
- Other responsibilities may include writing of technical reports,
creation of design spreadsheets, and statistical analysis of test data.
- The successful candidate will possess at least 3-5 years of relevant
- Proficiency in Solidworks.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of GD&T.
- Knowledge of stage gate product introduction methods.
- General understanding of configuration control principles.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications. Knowledge of
statistics and statistical software a plus.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills: Demonstrated ability to
work as part of a cross-functional team, but also able to work
independently. Good communication skills.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Preferred: Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes
health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
If you're interested in embarking on an
exciting career as a Design Engineer for a leading consumer durable goods
metal manufacturer in Southeast Alabama, please send your resume in Word
format, along with a cover letter and your salary requirements to:
Include your full name and the position you are applying for on
the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.