Production Technician I
Starting Pay Range:
$16.00 - $20.00 per hour
AIDT is seeking applicants for a pre-employment training
program for Production Technicians for RUAG
Space USA, Inc. RUAG, one of Europe's leading
suppliers of products for the space industry, will produce carbon-fiber
components at its facility in Decatur, Alabama.
Perform tasks required to manufacture Aerospace flight hardware
- Perform composite sandwich structures preparation tasks, such as
carbon and glass fiber cutting, shaping, and installation onto molds;
operate powered machine tools as required.
- Perform manufacturing tasks required to prepare, transport, install,
and certify ordnance components and separation systems.
- Perform painting of flight products, tooling, and furnishings, and
operate sealed paint booths.
- Perform installation of electrical harnesses, instrumentation, doors,
ductwork, and other sub-assemblies and components.
- Prepare, package, and transport aerospace products, sub-assemblies,
and components within the factory and to the customer.
- Integrate thermal shelter and acoustic protection panels.
- Review engineering drawings and specifications as required to assemble
and test aerospace components.
- Receive, unpack, prepare, and stage hardware components for
- Generate continuous improvement suggestions and implement improved
- Perform chemical coating, adhesive preparation and application, and
finishing of aerospace hardware.
- Install, maintain, clean, service, and certify production and test
- Use precision measuring equipment and tooling during the manufacturing
- Read and perform computer-based manufacturing procedures, and provide
computer entries that document manufacturing processes.
- Operate powered vehicles and hand trucks such as forklifts, carts,
- Operate cranes and large doors as required to move hardware and
- Identify hardware non-conformances and perform disposition tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Assembly / Integration background preferred
- Previous composite and/or lightweight construction experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life, company-paid Short-Term
Disability and Long-Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a 4% match
- Paid time off: 10 vacation days, 5 sick days, 16 company-paid days
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply online by
clicking the "Apply" button below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.