AIDT is seeking
applicants for a pre-employment training program for Carpenter
Technology located in Tanner, Alabama,
for the following position:
wages will range from $15.50 per hour plus incentive pay
state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Limestone
County, Alabama, began production in January 2014. This
integrated mill manufactures high quality premium and ultra-premium forged
bar and billet products from melt to ship. Featuring the world's largest
hydraulic radial press, Athens Operations functions within Carpenter's
Specialty Alloys Operations division and is capable of producing about
27,000 tons annually at full capacity.
- The Production Technician will be assigned to various positions and
shifts within an operating department based on functional needs and the
department based on functional needs and the department's requirements.
Assignments may vary from material handling, production process
support/assistant, and entry-level type work.
- Production Technicians will be required to qualify on multiple
positions within a department and rotate through those positions
according to operating needs. Assignments will be primary equipment
operation and ownership of the process associated with that operation.
- Production Technicians are expected to foster a safe, reliable, and
cost-effective production environment enabling the concepts of lean
- Takes personal ownership for working safely and motivates others to
maintain a safe work environment. Self-motivated, comfortable working as
a team player in a lean environment.
- Operates various pieces of mill equipment, mobile equipment, overhead
cranes, material handling devices, chains, slings, simple hand tools,
saws and cut-off devices, power actuated banding and bundling tools,
- Monitors, oversees, and operates computer controlled manufacturing
systems, production reporting systems, and computer/HMI systems.
- Inspects, cleans, and performs basic preventative maintenance on
- Support the plant with overtime as required and willingness to work a
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the plant.
- High School Diploma or GED. Experience in an industrial
operations/manufacturing environment is preferable, but not required.
- Selected candidates will be required to score a minimum level of 4
on the following Work Keys Assessments: Reading, Applied Mathematics,
and Locating Information. These assessments will be scheduled and paid
for through Carpenter Technology Corporation.
- Selected candidates will be required to score a minimum level of 60%
on a basic computer literacy assessment that will be given by the
Company during the pre-employment process.
Carpenter Technology offers
a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage,
401(k) with company contributions as well as many other options to
If you are interested in a promising career
with this company, please apply online by clicking the "Apply" button
Training is at no
cost to selected applicants/candidates.
Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively
maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination
for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected
classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available
regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or
any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will
recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-242-4158 so proper arrangements can be made.
For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.